Re: [css3-flexbox] flex-align: stretch and max

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Tony Chang <tony@chromium.org> wrote:
> The spec doesn't define what should happen when a flex-align:stretch flex
> item hits a max-width or max-height.  For example, in a horizontal flexbox,
> there might be a max-height on a flex item that prevents it from stretching
> to fill.  I think we should obey the max-height, but align the item to the
> start.  The other option seems to be to center align, but start seems a bit
> simpler and more consistent with the non-auto case.

I agree.  I've been blocked on edits for a while until I finish the
first pass of the layout algorithm, which is taking me much longer
than anticipated, but I'll try and make this edit and then cross my
fingers the merge conflicts aren't too painful later.