RE: [css3-images] simplifying radial gradients

I don't expect all combinations can be demonstrated. It doesn't
follow that there is no value in enumerating a number of those
that are possible/not possible with each proposal and what the
corresponding syntax is. This is a fundamentally visual feature,
and one that is already widely implemented. If we can't even use
that to explain the options on the table - to folks on this mailing
list and beyond - all we'll have in two weeks time is a longer thread
that will be no more obvious to the wider audience. Modulo examples
such as the one you posted. Which I'm only suggesting more of, really.