Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> I don’t see evidence of the guarantee that one CSS inch is one physical
>> inch when printing.
>>

> By "we" I mean "CSS as correctly implemented". There's certainly no reason
> why those other browsers couldn't do so; there are no compatibility hazards
> here AFAIK.

I should clarify --- CSS shouldn't require that one CSS inch always be one
physical inch when printing; that would ban options for scaling when
printing, which would be silly. But it should make that the default.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our