Re: [css3-text] comments on text-transform

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:20:24PM -0700, John Daggett wrote:

> New wording, v2:
>
>   If and only if the content language of the element is known,
>   according to the rules of the document language such as those for
>   HTML, then language-specific rules must also be applied.  These
>   minimally include, but are not limited to, the rules in Unicode's
>   SpecialCasing.txt [ref].

I don't understand what "such as those for HTML" conveys that "according to the
rules of the document language" doesn't.  Ah, I see that css3-text doesn't
include a definition of the phrase "document language"; if the intent was to
clarify that phrase for the reader, then I suggest hyperlinking that phrase to
http://www.w3.org/CSS21/conform.html#doclanguage (which mentions HTML as an
example of a document language).  Hyperlinking like this is the approach that
css3-text currently uses for clarifying other terms such as "ignore", "UA" etc.

I would also suggest giving a definition for "replaced element"
(CSS21/conform.html#replaced-element), and making it easier to find a
definition of "user agent": css3-text does in one place give a hyperlink from
"UA" to the definition in CSS21, and does in another place write "user agent
(UA)", but neither of these is mentioned in the Terminology section or
referenced from an index.

pjrm.