Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

On 10/5/11 2:55 PM, Brian Blakely wrote:
> In order to deliver appropriate layouts to, for example, a mobile media
> player, web-enabled TV, and a stadium jumbotron with a single codebase,
> and ideally an identical HTML codebase.

Yes, yes.  That doesn't answer my question.  Why is linear size the
important metric there and not angular size?

For the specific examples of TV and jumbotron, angular size seems like a
much more desirable measure than physical size.  A viewer doesn't care
that the jumbotron is 100x bigger if it's also 100x further away.

-Boris