Re: [css3-flexbox]shrinking flex:0 items

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have noticed that Webkit flexbox implementation (the old-spec) will shrink
> items with zero flexibility when there are no flexible items, or all
> flexible content has reached min-width.
>
> Is that a desired behavior? I seems useful, probably a good default. It may
> be worth considering for standard behavior.
>
> I think I am more against it than for it – it is usually a good experience,
> but it muddles the concept of “no flexibility”. If somebody wants that
> behavior, they can use very small flexibility.

I don't think it's worthwhile to guess the author's intent here.  We
should keep the layout model predictable, since it's easy to obtain
that behavior if you want it - as you say, just set the negative flex
to a number much smaller than other neg-flex stuff, and it'll only
significantly shrink when everything else has reached its minimum
size.