From: Henri Sivonen
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 11:37 AM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: vendor prefixes: co-cascading

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:21 PM, François REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> If you both don't want prefixes in non-RTM browsers and advocate that
> experimental features should be kept in non-RTM browsers, then we are
> going
> for a model where nobody prefixes anything (exepept platform-specific
> things). Is it what we really want?

Why not?

What would be a legitimate platform-specific thing to introduce?
Surely the a priori assumption of anyone who is introducing a feature
and believing the feature to be Good for the Web should be that the
feature will be eventually implemented by everyone. Maybe others will
disagree and outright refuse to implement the feature, but still, the
assumption one should start with when introducing a new feature is
that it's so good that everyone should want it. If the introducer of
the feature doesn't believe the feature to be so good, they shouldn't
be introducing the feature.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi