Re: Unprefixing CSS properties

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
> > There is an issue with whether/how preserve3d is inherited; I don't know
> > about any other major issues. However, we discovered this issue on a
> > production site where someone was using -moz-transform with 3D transforms
> > before we've even shipped the feature! I assume they just did a
> bulk-replace
> > of -webkit with -moz at some time in the past. In an environment where
> > people are doing this routinely (and I saw hundreds of Web devs being
> > explicitly taught to do this at Web Directions South a few weeks ago), we
> > have nothing to lose by dropping the prefix now.
>
> There's no consensus on whether preserve3d with intersecting elements
> draws using painting order, 3d z order, or splits them to draw
> "correctly".

Yes, but Chrome and Safari have shipped varying behavior here under the
same prefix and that is not stopping Web authors from using the feature all
over the place.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us