Re: [css3-images] Reintroduce object-fit: none

On 05/23/2011 05:06 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> I'm trying to wrap up this issue.  There are a few aspects of the
> property that need adjustment:

Looks like you rewrote the definitions of these values in a way
that's incompatible with the definitions agreed on for css3-page.
So that's another issue that needs adjustment.

> 3) Add the 'none' value.  The stronger use-case here seems to be
> panning a "window" over a portion of a larger image, a la Google Maps.
>   A somewhat weaker imo use-case is vertically centering an image; I
> think this should be addressed by a more general centering mechanism
> like Flexbox.

I think if you're trying to support this use case, you should give
percentages. Why allow only a 100% zoom level?

~fantasai