Re: CSS Spec Annotations - Design Feedback Wanted

Le Sam 21 mai 2011 23:29, timeless a écrit :
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com> wrote:
>> The link takes you to the test harness for that spec section. The
>> harness actually does do "the right thing", in that it presents the
>> tests in the order where results are most needed, ie: those missing
>> results are first, fails next, etc.
>
> oh, it'd definitely help if this was called out.
>
>> The harness does need a better indication of when you've reached tests
>> that already have results and you might as well stop
>> (there are small existing result indicators in the upper right corner),
>
> yeah, i saw the results indicators, but they were in a different
> format than the indicator box in the annotated spec -- i'm not sure if
> i chose to ignore them, but i definitely didn't pay much attention to
> them. i think one problem is that the indicators are at the top
> aligned with the spec title instead of lower aligned with the test
> case.
>
>> or perhaps an "only run untested mode",
>
> definitely

I agree with and support this "only run untested mode" proposal.

>> if I add that mode I'll have the untested link activate it. I'm open to
>> suggestions for improvements in the harness UI as well.
>
> my other problem is testing things which have a reference rendering...
>
> e.g.
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/testcase?s=CSS21_DEV&f=html4&g=144&r=15&o=1

When I follow this link, I end up at

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/min-height-applies-to-002.htm

        <link rel="help"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#propdef-min-height">
        <link rel="help"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#min-max-heights">
elements with 'display' set to 'table-header-group'.">

Interestingly this test, as defined and presented, is wrong.

min-height does *_NOT_* apply to table-row-groups or rather its effect is
undefined.

"
In CSS 2.1, the effect of 'min-height' and 'max-height' on tables, inline
tables, table cells, table rows, and row groups is undefined.
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#min-max-heights

> there are links to the reference, but they cause my browser to lose
> its scroll position, so i can't view the top 1/3 of a test, click the
> reference, check for flash, view the top 1/3, press <space> (shows
> 2/3), click the test part, press space (shows 2/3), click the
> reference (shows 2/3), check for flash. possibilities:
> * being able to view things side by side
> * abusing transparency to have a view w/
> -- test above reference
> -- reference above test

I understand this scroll position issue wrt reftests and agree that it is
annoying: it makes the tester click (the scrollbar thumb) and/or scroll
more.

--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite