Re: [css3-lists] [css3-speech] Purpose of the module

On 05/19/2011 11:29 AM, Belov, Charles wrote:

> Without commenting specifically on number styles such as -financial,
> my take on the intended purpose of the Lists module is that it is
> intended to do the following:
>
> - Marking content semantically as a list.  This would also allow
> someone using a screen reader to skip over the list.
>
> - Distinguishing single list items from each other.

This is not part of the Lists module. This is the job of the markup
language. CSS does not define semantics, only rendering.

> But if it is not suitable for the Lists module, then perhaps the Speech
> module would need an property as to whether or not to read the list
> sequence number, so that the listener would only hear "A. First item"
> for<li>A. First item</li>.

I believe this will be defined by the Speech module for CSS2.1 list
styles. CSS3 Lists will then have to say how the new styles integrate
with CSS Speech.

~fantasai