Re: proposed new module: css3 floats and positioning

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> We would like to propose a new CSS module: CSS Floats and Positioning Level3.
>
> http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/css3-floats/
>
> The intent of the new module is to bring together into a consistent model new kinds of positioning and float behavior, including relevant parts of CSS Exclusions, GCPM Floats, Grid Positioning.
>
> The linked document is a preliminary draft, aiming to show the direction we would like to take for the new module. It incorporates CSS Exclusions (any difference from current Exclusions specification is only a suggestion here, it is to be properly merged if the module is accepted).
>
> We would like to hear from the working group if this is the right direction to take. If the direction appears reasonable we will work together with the authors of affected modules and will try to produce an editor's draft for discussion at F2F.
>
> Thank you, looking forward for feedback
> Alex
>
> P.S. it may be more efficient to hold detailed review and feedback until/if this is published as an editor's draft. At this point feedback on ideas and directions is the most valuable.

I'm planning on writing a Positioning module later this summer (based
on the draft on my blog) that covers the 'position' property and some
extensions to it.  Given that, it may make more sense to dedicate this
module just to floats and float extensions.  The "float:positioned"
bit would still belong here in this draft, though it may need some
language coordination with whatever I use in my draft.