RE: [css3-images] exactly 2 adjacent colors stops

Chrome is likely following the "-webkit-background-size" pattern that they had in older builds where it wasn't part of the "background" property because it wasn't unprefixed yet.  I think Firefox behaved the same way in older builds (but my memory is a little fuzzy on that).

BTW, this is one of the challenges of shorthands combined with vendor prefixing.  It's easy to distract and confuse web authors from the "real work" by having to chase down the root cause of such things.  I don't have a solution in mind (yet), just a problem observation.

-Brian