Re: [css3-cascade] Browser extension style sheets and the cascade

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> What should the spec say, exactly?  An extension is just part of the UA; the
> concept of differentiating between the two doesn't really make that much
> sense.
>
> More concretely, say you have an extension that exposes UI to manage user
> stylesheets.  It seems obvious that it should have the option of placing
> stylesheets in the user level, right?  Or do you disagree with that?

Like, for example, Stylish.

I agree, by the way, that this should be a UA decision, and it would
probably be good for UAs to expose API for letting extensions insert
stylesheets at various levels.

I also agree, though, that UAs should make it clear exactly what
ordering is applied here - if they allow users to apply their own
stylesheets, it should be clear whether these come before or after
extension-generated user-zone stylesheets.

~TJ