Re: [Selectors4] Semantic Pseudo Elements

On 11/05/2011 3:11 AM, Christoph Päper wrote:
> Tab Atkins Jr.:
>> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 5:02 AM, Christoph Päper

> Btw., to get this straight, Eduard Pascal is an alter ego of Tab
> Atkins Jr. (or vice versa)?

Bazaar.

>> (I'll assume for the moment that the language in your examples is
>> Markdown.)
>
> Some of it is.
>
>> It would indeed be inconvenient for authors if Markdown created
>> nodes in its element-tree with tagnames that need to be escaped.
>
> I suggested semantic pseudo elements or classes to avoid inventing
> new names for every language out there.

http://css-class.com/test/xml/unicode.xml

Do you presume that elements names can not be of a language that is not
English? For XML, this should be allowed since something like '外语' may
have more of a semantic meaning than a name that is English.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/