Re: [CSS Regions] Update available

On Mar 31, 2011, at 2:37 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. In general, this seems like it's just an overflow capability.  Can
> we bodge this ability into 'overflow' instead of creating a new 'flow'
> property?

I was thinking the same. It certainly feels like an overflow situation, if content doesn't fit all in one box, then overflow it to another. If the second box already has content, then join the two text flows together with a space character. This could potentially be a good way of providing fallback, with boxes and content already exiting (instead of tying too closely to slots feature).

> This might not be a good idea, actually; it would mean that
> if you want to, for example, shift all of <body>'s contents into a
> slot, you have to set 'overflow' appropriately and then set
> "height:0", which sounds weird.

I wouldnt do it like that. I'm not that hip on the slots thing, as I think there are these other layout modules  for subdividing the body (or other container) into multiple boxes. The overflow would then just be on those sub boxes.