On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 08:07:05AM +0200, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Le 31/03/11 05:52, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>
> >It's not a problem to cancel the hosting, but I don't know if I can
> >still sponsor the meeting if we have to rent a venue.
> >
> >I think there is no reason to move the meeting, though.  My coworkers
> >in Tokyo, along with Koji and John, all believe it's okay, and they're
> >the ones who are *currently* dealing with the bad effects.  All of us
> >across the ocean are only getting news reports, which obviously tend
> >towards sensationalism.  I think we should keep the meeting in Tokyo
> >as originally planned.
> >

> One thing: the travel warning issues by the french ministry of foreign
> affairs still stands, meaning that in case of problem for me in Japan,
> some of my insurances will _not_ work. I will not travel there in that
> case.

The Australian department of foreign affairs is a bit more specific
about its concerns, which gives a bit more basis to make a decision:

  Australians should not travel to Tokyo, areas surrounding Tokyo and
  Honshu north of Tokyo due to limitations on essential services,
  infrastructure damage, aftershocks and continuing uncertainty about
  the status of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant, unless their
  presence in the area is essential. Australians in these areas should,
  unless their presence is essential, make arrangements to leave –
  either to Southern Japan or elsewhere.

That sounds bad, but the question is what things will be like in two
months from now.

pjrm.