Re: [css3-text] computed value of 'text-decoration-color'

On 03/28/2011 04:44 PM, L. David Baron wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#text-decoration-color says the
> computed value of 'text-decoration-color' is "as specified".  This
> is inconsistent with other properties that accept 'currentColor'
> such as http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-border-color and
> should instead say "the computed color" so that the value
> 'currentColor' is inherited as a color.

That's a very good point. 'currentColor' is defined to compute to
a color value. But what we need here (and in 'text-shadow', per
Estelle's comments) is a value that inherits as itself.

We didn't have this problem before because border-color is not an
inherited property, so its behavior wrt inheritance was not important.

~fantasai