Re: [css3-gcpm] Controlling alignment of leaders

On Mar 28, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:

> Thinking a bit more about that: I might also want a double-headed arrow.
>
> The following works, using the attached arrow image:
>
>    span::after {
>        content: leader(" ");
>        border-image: url(arrow1.png) 0 58 / 0 0.5em;
>    }
>
> ... but it is not so convenient if I want to change the color.

That can be worked around. Supposing your background is normally solid white, you can use an image that is solid white with a transparent hole cut in it (the hole would be the shape of what was black in your attached image). Then set a background-color in the CSS to show through that hole.