Re: [CSS Regions] Update available

Hi Arno,

Glad to see that this is progressing! I just started to read through it and am a little confused about the selector matching in the Description section. It's quite possible I'm just being dim, but it seems like this:

"If the CSS selector has no matching element, the rule will be ignored until a matching element becomes available."

is really just saying "if the selector doesn't match anything then the selector doesn't match anything until the selector matches something." Isn't this just standard selector behavior? Then this sentence really confuses me:

"If no CSS selector is specified in the ::slot() rule, the element will be created as a root element."

How can you have a pseudo-element without a selector? Do you mean if you just have this:

If so, isn't that redefining the basic selector mechanism? I would think that is just shorthand for:

since the '*' is optional when the universal selector is immediately followed by a pseudo-element.

--Brady