Re: I18N-ISSUE-10: Use of case in bidi examples [CSS3-writing-modes]

On 03/10/2011 09:23 AM, Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> I18N-ISSUE-10: Use of case in bidi examples [CSS3-writing-modes]
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/10
>
> Raised by: Matitiahu Allouche
> On product: CSS3-writing-modes
>
> 2. Inline Direction and Bidirectionality
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-css3-writing-modes-20110201/#text-direction
>
> WG Reviewed: Yes
>
> The example should use upper case for RTL and lower case
> for Latin.
>
> Rationale: this is the convention used in Unicode documents like
> UAX#9. This is also the convention used in the example in section 2.3.
> In the same example, the pseudo-bidi words seem meaningless. I suggest to
> use English words written backwards, like "SDROW EMOS ERA EREH".

I've switched this to use Arabic characters, which was my original
intent. (I hadn't figured out how to type them yet. ;)

I'll draw it in SVG/PNG eventually, with pretty colored arrows and
such. There are more detailed examples of the kind you describe
further down; this is just to give an idea of what we're talking
about up front.

~fantasai