Re: [css3-multicol] new editor's draft

Bert Bos wrote:

 > > Also, I've added an alternative encoding of the pseudo-algorithm to --
 > > hopefully -- make it easier to read:
 > >
 > >  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-multicol/#pseudo-algorithm
 >
 > I think repeating the conditions instead of using "else" does
 > indeed make it easier to read.

Thanks for your feedback. I've removed the "old" pseudo-algorithm.

  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-multicol/#pseudo-algorithm

 > There is just one mistake in the alternative pseudo-code: The min()
 > on line 32 should be a max().

Good catch. Fixed.

 > Strictly speaking, the note under the algorithm isn't correct
 > either. If both 'column-width' and 'column-count' are set on an
 > element with a known width, then 'column-count' indeed doesn't set
 > the number of columns, but it isn't completely ignored either: it
 > still serves as an upper bound.

Right, I've revised the note to read:

  Note that, in most cases, only one of ‘column-width’ and
  ‘column-count’ affect the layout. If ‘column-width’ has a value
  other than ‘auto’, ‘column-count’ indicates the maximum number of
  columns. However, both ‘column-width’ and ‘column-count’ are honored
  when the width of the element has not been determined. This can,
  e.g., be the case for table cells and floats.

As per the F2F resolution, I'd like to publish this as a new CR.

-h&kon