Re: line-height limitations

On Mar 18, 2011, at 3:20 PM, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:

> On Friday 2011-03-18 15:08 -0700, Brad Kemper wrote:
>> Actually, what I meant is to change the UA stylesheet, so if, for example, it currently has this:
>>
>> p { line-height:1.2; }
>>
>> then instead you change it to this:
>>
>> p { line-height:1.2em; }
>>
>> Does this not fix the problem with little or no negative repercussions?
>
> This causes multiple problems:

>   overlapping text.

I'm not sure what you mean it overlaps with, but in my testing with webkit, I didn't see any problem with that. The larger font span inherited the line-height length measurement of the P, but the line box grew taller (apparently) to push the text downward, preventing any overlap with previous lines or with the top of the content box. The only thing that did any overlapping was descenders with the next lines, which is the wanted result.