Re: line-height limitations

How about something that said not to take the glyph size and font leading into account at all for line box height calculation, unless it us the only thing on the line and needs to be an input into line-height (for em line height, for example). Then it could also maybe solve the problem of vertical-align:sup creating a big gap between two lines.

Brad Kemper