RE: Question on clear applying to run-ins

On Friday, January 15, 2010 7:45 PM Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Section 9.5.2 says:
>
>   For run-in boxes, this property applies to the final block box to
>   which the run-in box belongs.
>
> What does that mean exactly?  Is the block supposed to clear whatever the
> run-in would clear (in addition to whatever the block itself clears)?  Or is this
> just saying that the block is the right block formatting context for the run-in's
> clearance?  Or something else?

Thank you for your feedback. The CSSWG resolved to remove display: run-in from the CSS 2.1 specification[1]. We will be reevaluating this feature for a future versions of CSS.

Resolution to remove display: run-in from CSS 2.1 was covered in the meeting of 2011-01-26, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jan/0644.html

Please respond before 14 March, 2011 if you do not accept the current resolution.

[1] http://w3.org/TR/CSS