RE: [css-regions] Comments

When I am saying "page floats" need to be defined, it does include all kinds of positioning that may apply to page floats or whatever we choose to call them. I certainly agree that absolute positioning (or equivalent) is a desirable way to position pictures that content wraps around.
-----
From: Brad Kemper [mailto:brad.kemper@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 7:46 AM

This needs to be considered in the context of where these wrap decisions need to be made. I am assuming the main reason for wrapping is floats or page floats (even if simply rectangular the problem is the same).

I'm not convinced that is a safe assumption. Floats could certainly be one thing to wrap, but wrapping around absolutely positioned items make sense for the use cases too. In the presentation we saw at the f2f from Adobe, the cartoon coyote placement on the page seemed to be unrelated to it's position in the source. For fallback, I might want it to appear after the text.