Re: [css3-fonts] font selection for Unicode Variation Selector

On 2011/02/27 5:32, John Hudson wrote:

> At the moment, if I recall correctly, the proposed composite font format
> only specifies which Unicode ranges would be rendered by which component
> font, but it seems to me that it might be desirable to be able to
> specify individual variation selector sequences as overrides.

For some more ideas on how to combine fonts, please have a look at our
1995 paper on Font Selection and Font Composition. I just put a PDF
version up at:
http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2005/pub/FontComposition1995.pdf
converted from the PS version at:
http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/mml/mduerst/papers/PS/FontComposition.ps.gz