Re: [CSS21] WG process - next steps for CSS21?

On 03/03/2011 11:24 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> [Peter Linss:]

>>> What other specs are those, and what bits of CSS2.1 do they depend on?
>>
>> How about every other CSS module? EPUB? There are many others, listing
>> them isn't the point, there are dependencies, period. We need to move  2.1
>> forward and stop futzing with it. It'll never be perfect, that's what
>> errata are for.
>
> Quick example: CSS3 Selectors remains PR until CSS2.1 reaches REC. CSS3
> Backgrounds&  Borders is another well-known module that could find itself
> in the same situation.

I doubt CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders will make it to PR anytime soon,
as it doesn't have a test suite. But Selectors, Namespaces, and Color
are held up on CSS2.1. And that's only within W3C. The official "status"
of CSS2.1 prevents it from being used as a reference for standards
outside W3C -- such organizations are referencing CSS2.0, because it
is supposedly more "stable".

~fantasai