Re: [css3-flexbox] anonymous flexbox children

On 02/03/2011 22:33, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 3/2/11 4:25 PM, Anton Prowse wrote:
>> I've always been rather fascinated by this idea. Can an implementation
>> claim to be compliant if it produces the same rendering in all cases as
>> if it did implement these "invisible" abstractions, even if it actually
>> doesn't implement them?
>
> Yes, of course. Compliance testing is black-box, no?

Indeed, but I guess it's precisely the "testing" angle that's
interesting; the (largely philosophical) question is whether the failure
of an implementation to implement /untestable/ requirements has a
bearing on whether it is regarded as compliant.  Common sense would
dictate that it doesn't, of course, but...

> The "in all cases" part is the tough part. ;)

Sure! I imagine it's easy to get caught "cheating" :-)

Anton