Re: [CSSOM] does CaretPosition need a "before/after" hint?

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org
>>> As far as I understand it, split caret do need some sort of extra
>>> information to tell which one is primary, etc... but different from what you
>>> use.
>>>

>> OK, once again more information would be helpful :-).
>>

> I'd love to learn more about how split cursor works myself because there
> doesn't seem to be much documentation on it.  I'm speculating / making
> educated-guesses based on my observations.

It seems that with the Mac split caret, one half shows where left-to-right
text would be inserted and the other half shows where right-to-left text
would be inserted. That can be calculated from the text, ignoring the
attachment flag. So it still seems not to be a problem.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our