Re: [css3-regions] New CSS Regions editor draft

I do not have a strong feeling about the names, but I prefer CSS Breaks because it captures the main topic: breaking content flow, which can be across regions, columns or pages.
Vincent

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com<mailto:alexmog@microsoft.com>>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:04:59 -0700
To: "robert@ocallahan.org<mailto:robert@ocallahan.org>" <robert@ocallahan.org<mailto:robert@ocallahan.org>>
Subject: RE: [css3-regions] New CSS Regions editor draft

I added this to http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css4-page, let me know if you want to add more.

Currently CSS4 Paged Media is the best match for pagination rules, and reasonable place for brainstorming. Moving to an actual spec, pagination rules should be separate – spec name suggestions are welcome:

CSS Pagination Level 3
CSS Fragmentation Level 3
CSS Breaks Level 3

Any better ideas?

I think I prefer “pagination”, even though it will also deal with breaking text in columns and regions (on the same grounds that I prefer a mouse click event be “onclick”, even though it could be a finger tap).