Re: New design for W3’s CSS website/blog

On Tuesday 2011-06-21 09:15 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 6:21 AM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:
> > I would be interested to know what Bert is doing. Viewing the CSS with the
> > FF web developers toolbar and then closing it on Bert's reworking of Divya's
> > design causes this.
> >
> > http://css-class.com/css-style.png
> >
> > I did send a private message with screenshot to Bert in December 2010 about
> > a similar issue when closing FF web developers toolbar on the late 2010
> > design.
> >
> > http://css-class.com/css-current.png
> >
> > Both pages show overlapping of elements and dropping of elements is just so
> > wrong. Also, diagonal lime and orange technicolor stripes may not give
> > someone confidence in using CSS.
>
> That is a supremely bizarre bug with Firefox and/or the Web Dev
> toolbar.  It has nothing to do with the site or Bert.

I'm not sure what Web developer toolbar you're talking about, but by
appearance it looks like what happened is that something enabled all
of the alternate style sheets for the page simultaneously.  (The
diagonal orange/green stripes are in the "Draft 2" style; the red
border is in the "Draft 3" style; the multi-column layout is in both
the "Cascade" styles.)

-David