Re: css3-fonts: should not dictate usage policy with respect to origin

Florian Rivoal wrote:

> The current draft of Anne's proposal[1], which is the solution Opera
> prefers,
> uses MUST when describing how its algorithm should be applied, so we are
> fine
> with the mechanism being mandatory.

> Do you see any reason to prefer the same origin policy over From-Origin?

No. I think the From-Origin header is a very clever idea, and as I
recall there is general agreement in the Webfonts WG that it would be
better than any font-specific application of SOR/CORS. Our only concern
with From-Origin is that it isn't real yet.

What I am personally leaning towards now is moving and rewording same
origin text from the WOFF spec to the chartered but yet-to-be-drafted
Webfonts Conformance Specification, so that we do not lose it altogether
while awaiting From-Origin. This would, I think, address the concern of
WG members that led us to identify the current text as 'at risk' while
not removing it yet.

We have a conference call on Wednesday, and I'm sure all this will be on
the agenda.

JH