Re: CSS Hierarchies / Selector Nesting Proposal

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> We'd love that to work, but it unfortunately allows the ambiguity
>> where a selector can look like a property:
>
> Yes, I understand that.
>
> My point was that your proposal doesn't define a processing model, so if I
> wanted to, say, do something like _implement_ it or something daft like that
> then the only way to do it is to go and ask the Tab Atkins Oracle a bunch of
> questions.  Questions which will be answered with examples which I will then
> have to synthesize into an attempt to guess the oracle's internal state.
>
> It would be much simpler if I didn't have to black-box reverse-engineer your
> brain here.

You won't have to when there's an actual spec.  This was a basic
proposal for the WG's consideration.  I sincerely hope you don't
generally try implementing things from emailed proposals.  ^_^

Luckily, the WG approved this to be worked on, so I'll start writing it soon.