Re: [css3-flexbox] getting multiline flexbox back into the spec

On 7/06/2011 5:36 AM, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
> At 19:22 +0000 6/6/11, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
>
>> Specifying direction of flexbox has nothing to do with specifying
>> direction of text flow within these boxes, therefore text direction
>> properties should not be used for that purpose. Flexbox should have
>> its own way to specify its layout direction.
>
> I agree with this 110%.

Eric, do you want another DOCTYPE switch scenario to surface in the next
decade due to incorrect concept of direction? Base direction is the
master of direction. Flexbox should not have it own concept to specify
its layout direction.

> (On a related note, is there a working implementaton of multiline
> flexbox at the moment? If it's in IE10 my apologies; I haven't installed
> Windows 7 yet. I've been unable to create multiline flexboxes in Gecko
> or WebKit.)

I have seen working examples of Flexbox working in FF 4. Opera 11.11,
Chrome 11.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/