Re: CSS Hierarchies / Selector Nesting Proposal

On 6/3/11 3:06 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Yes, it's intended that things like "&input" be supported.  The
> restriction for tagname selectors to be the first part of a complex
> selector is solely because we can't distinguish the start of a tagname
> selector from the end of another selector.

Wait.  So I thought I understood the proposal, but now I see that I don't.

I had assumed that the proposal was a string replace where the '&' is
replaced by the text of the actual selector from the outer nesting
level.  But clearly that's not it.

So what _is_ the proposal, exactly?  At this point I feel like I can't
even evaluate it, because I have no idea what exactly is being proposed.

-Boris