Re: Inline elements should be affected by 2D Transforms

On Thursday 2011-06-02 17:07 -0700, Brad Kemper wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2011, at 2:35 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would expect the two lines to rotate as though the transform was applied to their bounding box, all without disturbing any of the content outside the span.
> >
> > Even if the inlines are in different CSS columns?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Or if the inlines are in completely unrelated positions on the page due to CSS regions?
>
> Yes.
>
> > How about different printed pages?
>
> It might be a little odd, but yes, if the author did something that silly, he should get consistent results. I think that is most intuitive, explainable, and expected.

For the different pages case, I don't think it's even defined.  CSS
doesn't, as far as I know, define how positions on different pages
relate to each other, and I tend to think that's probably a good
thing and it shouldn't define such a relationship.

Otherwise I think it's probably reasonable, though it's a pain to
implement.

-David