Re: CSS Hierarchies / Selector Nesting Proposal

As far as I understand this:

.slide.image
{
   background-color: red;
    & .credit {  background-color: green; }
}

and these:

  .slide.image {  background-color: red; }
  .slide.image .credit { background-color: green; }

are equivalents.

If "yes" then this was discussed many times already.
I believe that consensus and common advice is to use preprocessors
like http://lesscss.org/ or http://sass-lang.com as you mentioned.

It makes sense to do something like that if you want to
achieve new quality - to have mixins, local [to some sub-tree] style
systems,
modularity, inheritance and ability to handle arbitrary large style sets in
CSS.

But for that you will need something like this:

http://www.terrainformatica.com/2010/09/style-sets-in-h-smile-core/

but not just cosmetic changes in syntax.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com