Re: [css3-images] Premultiplication switch (was: gradient pre-multiplied interpolation)

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:37 AM, Leif Arne Storset <lstorset@opera.com> wrote:
> I agree with Alan that the effects demonstrated at [0] are desirable, but
> premultiplied is a much better default. The switching idea is worth
> considering, however. I think use of the rgba() and hsla() are potentially
> confusing as switches, but an explicit 'unpremultiplied' switch wouldn't
> be: 'linear-gradient(left, unpremultiplied, rgba(255,255,0,0), yellow)'.

I believe a better approach would be to augment SVG's
color-interpolation property with options for switching between
premultiplied and non-premultiplied.  That way other things could
potentially switch as well, like transitions.