Re: [css3-images] remaining gradient issues

On 27/07/2011 4:30 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> 1) pre-multiplied or not: the WG  resolved yesterday that we do want
> pre-multiplied. IIRC, Webkit (or just Safari?) might be slow to
> implement that, because of the libraries they use, but we have at
> least two implementations that will.

Who on the WG has experience in watercolor painting or oil painting?

Who on the WG can explain under-glazing, over-glazing, depth of field,
color vibrancy and the relation of these artistic terms to gradients in
un-premultiplied color space.

Who on the WG has played around with the layering on CSS color.

Who on the WG has really spent time experimenting with CSS gradients.

What becomes of a gradient that has a color point in ScRGB colorspace
that has one of it points as a imaginary color and must function in
pre-multiplied space?

Who can explain the relationship that lightness has to Hue and
Saturation in HSL and who can explain the affect that gradients in
pre-multiplied space will have with this relationship of lightness in HSL.

Who can explain the maths involved in the below gradient and how it
relates to even temperament steps (as in music).

<!DOCTYPE html>

body {
background: black -webkit-linear-gradient(left, white, rgba(0,0,0,0.0));
background: black -moz-linear-gradient(left, white, rgba(0,0,0,0.0));
background: black -ms-linear-gradient(left, white, rgba(0,0,0,0.0));
background: black -o-linear-gradient(left, white, rgba(0,0,0,0.0));
}

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/