Re: [cssom] Unrecognized - request for more information

That would go a long way IMO.

You could let through all of the dash-prefixed properties and not limit it
to web-* right?  If so, you could allow the method that accesses it to
provide a prefix filter.

This might be too much to ask, but I think it would be possible to create a
way for people who really did want to "experiment" as you are saying with
true innovation with a CSS-like grammar in a way that couldn't mix with
CSS... All that would be necessary would be to allow allow the parser
"parse" but not respect a file via a mime type pattern or something (say
like type="text/css-xxx").  Then could never overlap but people could take
advantage of a good / fast native parser.

This last approach, actually, could solve both problems fairly well and
without much change - it would just require people to keep the "new" stuff
in a separate sheet and use feature detection or something to determine
which ones to shim (not unlike today).