Re: [css3-images] Gradient Magic

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Rik Cabanier <> wrote:
> What type of meshes were you looking at? Simple lattice or Coons/Tensor
> product patch?
> Even you can't draw the stated gradient with 1 patch mesh, you could do it
> with a larger number of patches. In PDF/Postscript this collection of
> patches is called a gradient mesh.

Coons patch, though as far as I can tell it wouldn't have mattered
here.  It was a two-patch mesh.

> I'm not sure if there is a need for such a complicated beast in CSS.

I agree!  I was just playing around with teaching myself some graphics
concepts.  Mesh gradients are indeed too complex to be done well in
CSS, I believe.


Received on Monday, 25 July 2011 16:11:30 UTC