Re: [css3-images] Using SVG Paint Servers as <image>

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:

> What about element(). Does it have same-origin restrictions?
>
> Evil document has this CSS and HTML.
>

> div {
>  background: element(http://goodbank.com/**foo.html#header<http://goodbank.com/foo.html#header>
> );
> }
>
> button, input {
>  color: transparent;
>  background: transparent;
>  border-color: transparent;
>  position: /* where appropriate */
> }

>  <input />
>  <input />
>  <button />

We actually would impose a same-origin restriction there, but only because
we load element() resources through the SVG external resource mechanism,
which we impose same-origin restrictions on for various reasons.

But the evil behavior you're describing can already be done today, either by
placing an <iframe src="http://goodback.com/..."> under other content in the
attacker's Web page, or often just by the attacker faking the bank's look on
their own server.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our