Re: [css3-linebox] Line Grid Proposal

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> On 07/03/2011 11:44 PM, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>>
>> As discussed in the last telcon, I would like to see a written down
>> version
>> of Elika's alternative proposal for line grid.
>
> Alright, here's a rough draft, from the minutes. Note there are many details
> that
> need to be worked out.

Looks good.

> Name:       line-grid
> Value:      <identifier>
> Percentage: computed relative to used 'line-height'

I presume this was a mis-copy from something else, and should be
"Percentages: N/A".

> If there does not already exist a line grid with the specified name,
> then
> this creates a line grid using the font and line layout settings of this
> element.

How do you define which use of an identifier is "first" and thus
establishes a linegrid for that ident?

>  - Snapping the border box to the line grid. This functionality could be
> specialized
>    to the line grid, but I think it's better to look for a generalized
> snap-to-grid
>    feature that could be used with the grids established by the grid module
> as well
>    as the grid established by 'line-grid'

Do you mean the old Grid Positioning spec?  I thought that was
dropped.  Grid Layout doesn't establish grids in the same way.