RE:CSS3 Fonts dependencies (was: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2011-07-01)

On Friday, July 01, 2011 3:18 PM fantasai wrote:
to editors drafts in all working drafts

  <snip/>
> CSS Fonts etc
> -------------
>
>    jdaggett: glen adams from samsung has objected to any kind of same
> origin
>              restriction
>    jdaggett: need to resolve whether the same origin restriction is
> removed
>              from the CSS3 Fonts spec
>    jdaggett: propose this as s topic for next week
>    sylvaing: there is an organization that has normative dependencies
> on CSS3
>              working drafts; it's a problem
>    sylvaing: They're objecting to what they see as breaking changes

It's true that there has been a claim made that there are organizations that have normative dependencies on CSS3 Fonts; however, there have not been any reference cited to substantiate it. So far, what was offered [1] are the links to ATSC and DVB-MHP standards documents [2] and [3] that normatively reference CSS2, and the follow up search came up with no normative references to CSS3 Fonts WD.

Thank you,
Vladimir

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jun/0619.html
[2] http://www.atsc.org/cms/standards/a100/a_100_2.pdf