Re: [css3-speech] voice-family

On Jun 30, 2011, at 6:01 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> notation which specifies a voice by name.

Thanks.  I think a use case for multiple ic voice families can be something like this:

voice-family: 60 male, 60 female;

For a given language there may not be any male voices so the second one would be used.

Since we explicitly leave the matching algorithm up to the synthesizer it might even be necessary to write something like:

voice-family: 60 male, 60 female, 30 male, 30 female;

The intent here is to prefer a mature male voice if one is available, with a mature female next, followed by an adult male etcetera. Essentially trying prioritize age over gender.