Re: [css3-speech] pitch alteration expressed in semitones and Hertz

On 20 Jan 2011, at 00:09, Daniel Weck wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2011, at 23:34, fantasai wrote:
>> In CSS you can't use the +/- operators as a disambiguation. Our
>> number
>> type is defined to include the optional use of such operators: you
>> cannot distinguish between +1 and 1 in CSS. You must disambiguate
>> some
>> other way.
>
> I was aware of that [1], but I misread the part about restricting
> numerical values [2], my bad.
> I will explore the alternative syntax you suggested.
> Thanks, Daniel
>
> [1]
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-values/#syntax-and-terminology
>
> [2]
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-values/#generic-data-types

I have updated the specification of pitch values [3]. Absolute
frequencies must now be expressed using the "Hz" unit explicitly, and
the value syntax for relative changes in semitones or Hertz includes
the mandatory "relative" keyword for disambiguation purposes. I  added
a few examples to illustrate the new syntax.

Please review. Many thanks !
Daniel

[3]
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-speech/#voice-pitch