Re: Making alternate stylesheets more useful + site selectors

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/alternate/
> > This link describes it.  It looks very complicated.
>
> That's because they're trying to create something that works in all
> browsers, etc, and assuming all they have to work with are the old DOM
> specs.
>
> See http://hixie.ch/specs/css/dom/altss/altss for a spec proposal for
> making all this much simpler.  Gecko has implemented this for years; I
> believe so has Webkit.  It's too bad it never got standardized...

It is at least in the CSSOM, though.  I don't know whether what's in the
CSSOM editor's draft of that matches that earlier proposal, although given
the apparent similarity of the two, it looks like it was the basis for the
CSSOM work.

--
Stewart Brodie
Team Leader - ANT Galio Browser