Re: background-clip and background-origin question

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:44:56 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 1/19/11 3:20 PM, tao.yu@nokia.com wrote:
>> background-clip: border-box;
>> IE8 behaves this way, but some other browsers
>> (Chrome/Safari/Opera v11) still paint both background-color and
>> background-image behind the dashed border.
>
> Doesn't Webkit still have a vendor prefix on background-clip?  And isn't
> that expected, since CSS3 Backgrounds is not in CR yet?

Neither Safari 5.0.3 nor Chrome dev (10.0.634.0) seem to.

In either case, it shouldn't really matter since those
background-origin/-clip values are the initial ones (matching what CSS 2.1
specifies). I don't see any difference between IE8 and the others (other
than the lengths of the dashes in the border). The CSS snippet does not
constitute a full demo/testcase, so maybe the omitted parts contained some
relevant detail?

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA