Re: [css3-flexbox] intuitivity and width computation rules

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 19:16:04 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Ah.  Row backgrounds aren't painted on the row itself, just on the cells
> originating in that row, if any.  This part _is_ specified in CSS 2.1.
> ;)  See section 17.5.1.

Doesn't seem very clear to me. For instance:

"A 'missing cell' is a cell in the row/column grid that is not occupied by
an element or pseudo-element. Missing cells are rendered as if an
anonymous table-cell box occupied their position in the grid."

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA